Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd. has a long-standing commitment to conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the highest ethical principles. This commitment helps to ensure our reputation for honesty, quality and integrity. Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd. is bound by the laws of Malaysia, including the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009, the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (Amendment) Act 2018 and this policy is issued in line with the Guidelines on Adequate Procedures to Section 17A(5) of the MACC Act 2009.
We take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and we are committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all business dealings by implementing and enforcing systems that ensure bribery and corruption is prevented. All employees (including temporary, contract staff, interns, directors), business partners and associates of Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd., are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by the policy, observing and upholding the same zero-tolerance position on bribery and corruption. Any engagement in such bribery or corrupt practices or activities will result in severe negative consequences including disciplinary action and prosecution under the MACC Act 2009.
Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd.’s Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy:
Audit and Compliance
Regular audits shall be conducted to ensure compliance to this policy. Such audits may be conducted internally by Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd. or by an external party. Audit documentation should include performance improvement action plans. The results of audits shall be reported to the top management/business owner, directors and senior management as appropriate.
Sanctions for Non-Compliance
Monitoring and Continuous Improvement
Published version: 1 March 2021
The Managing Director takes the primary responsibility for the establishment and effectiveness of our anti-corruption compliance programme at Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd. As per section 4.1.3 of the GIACC Guidelines on Adequate Procedures, this means we are committed to Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd.:
In order to achieve this goal, Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd.:
1. Establishes, maintains and periodically reviews the anti-corruption compliance program which includes clear policies and objectives that adequately address corruption risks;
2. Promotes a culture of integrity within the organisation;
3. Conducts corruption risk assessments at least once every two years or when instructed by the Managing Director
4. Issues instructions on communicating Teknos (M) Sdn. Bhd.’s policies and commitments to anticorruption both internally and externally;
5. Encourages the use of reporting/whistleblowing channels in relation to real or suspected corruption incidences, or inadequacies in the anticorruption compliance program;
6. Ensures additionally that Teknos Code of Conduct (released in 2018) is communicated, adhered and refreshed yearly to all new and existing employees and with particular reference to Point 6.2 Anti-bribery and gifts.