Technical Service Manager
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor - Malaysia
Main goals of the job
In this role you will be responsible to oversee technical support for professionals and customers in Malaysia and SEA. Developing Teknos products technical properties and services according to the Teknos business plan, roadmap and strategy. Managing, leading, coaching, and motivating the department team members to achieve the revenue targets and profit goals. As well as, meeting the customer needs and customer profitability. Producing technical training materials and conduct technical or application trainings for relevant target customer groups.
- Manage daily routines of technical service department, oversee producing written products and technical datasheets.
- Helps producing technical sales/marketing presentation, training, and education materials together with technical team.
- Conduct visits to customer’s site when required.
- Provides training and educating of employees, customers and other external stakeholders on technical and application aspects.
- Test coatings properties and liaise with the relevant department on challenging product related claims.
- Ensure good working climate, morale and motivation up amongst employees.
- Responsibility for People Process - roles, appraisal discussions, target follow up, talent management, succession planning, ensuring training and development plans for the team with regular skills assessments.
- 8-10 years of professional experience in similar capacity in industrial wood and or international chemical or coatings company in related industry.
- Experience and/or good understanding of chemical or paints and coatings business (especially wood-based industry) and coatings application processes would be an asset.
- BSc graduate in Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical support field.
- Deep understanding of the business in terms of technical and commercial issue combined with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong strategic thinking and competence in conceptualizing solutions combined with entrepreneurial approach.
- People leading experience and skills
- Excellent in planning and execution, ability to prioritize
- IT general knowledge: CRM, MS Office, ERP systems
- Good knowledge of English and local language both oral and written