Teknos is a global coatings company with operations in more than 20 countries in Europe, Asia, and the USA, employing approximately 1,800 people. We are one of the leading suppliers of industrial coatings with a strong position in architectural and retail coatings. The company was established in 1948 and is one of Finland’s largest family-owned businesses. Teknos wants to make the world last longer by providing smart, technically advanced paint and coating solutions to protect and prolong. Always working in close cooperation with our customers and firmly believing that the company’s personnel are vital to its success, Teknos has created a corporate culture that is derived from family values, where each employee is heard and encouraged to take the initiative. Our goal is to make use of the great potential of our excellent personnel in order to create new solutions for our customers. Teknos has grown rapidly in recent years and the company has a strong growth strategy for the future.
We are now looking for a new HR Manager to join our team at Teknos (UK) Ltd
as HR Manager, you will be responsible for our HR operations in the UK and Ireland. You will take ownership in planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices in alignment with Teknos Group and different business area strategies. On a daily basis, you will perform a full scope of HR-related tasks – from strategic initiatives to very hands-on operational ones, taking care of employee-related topics and collaborating closely with the GBI Leadership Team whilst ensuring alignment in policies. You will also work as a member of our global HR Council by participating in regular meetings and contributing to international cooperation. You will be located in our office in Bicester, Oxfordshire. Our working hours are 37,5h/week with flexibility.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing support and guidance for Teknos GBI Leadership team, managers and employees in HR-related matters
- Overseeing the full employee lifecycle from recruitments to offboarding
- Driving Teknos people processes (Capability development, workforce planning, Talent review, Target setting & results review, Development planning) and other HR processes
- Develop, review and update Teknos’ HR policies and procedures
- Day-to-day HR employee relations support, acting as first point of contact for all HR queries
- Ensuring employee safety and overall wellbeing
- Ensuring legal compliance and taking into account the formal procedures and policies to be followed within the HR area
- Creating competence development plans and implementing the development programs together with the Managing Director and GBI leadership team
- Managing and implementing benefits, rewards and wellbeing schemes as well as coordinating the bonus schemes
- Facilitating workforce planning and organization design
- Coordinating recruitment processes for local roles
- Enhancing and building the Teknos employer brand to attract and retain the very best people
- Internal communication related to HR matters within own area of responsibility
- Participating and actively contributing to global HR Council organization and global initiatives
- Managing required HR administrative matters and reporting and ensuring HR compliance
- Few years of experience from a similar, standalone HR leading role within a wide variety of employee-related tasks
- University or college/institutes degree in HR or in another related field
- Ability to cooperate with Leadership Team and business stakeholders as a partner, consultant and advisor
- Ability to get involved in business topics and work hand-by-hand with all teams and support them in daily duties as well as more strategic initiatives
- Strong proficiency in legal and health-related subjects as well as with soft HR topics
- Experience with Leadership and Development areas: creating and adapting processes and policies, implementing and performing tasks within the field
- Openness to collaborate both on a local (GBI) level as well as global (HR Council)
- Proactive way of working with a "can-do" attitude and a solutions-oriented approach
- Knowledge and experience in using HR systems and MS Office
- Good communication and people skills at all levels
For more information, please contact Teknos (UK) Ltd (tel. 01869 208005 or firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by the 26th of August by sending us your CV and Cover Letter. Please apply soon, as we will be reviewing and following up on applications during the application period.
What we offer:
At Teknos, you get to work in a family-owned, caring and people-appreciating business culture of a growing global company. We offer you interesting tasks, an opportunity to develop your skills in your area of responsibility and further develop your career path in an expanding company.