NORSOK M-501 approved coating systems
Teknos offers a versatile range of NORSOK M-501 approved coating systems for our customers to choose.
NORSOK M-501 – Surface preparation and protective coating
NORSOK M-501 standard gives the requirements for the selection of coating materials, surface preparation, application procedures and inspection for protective coatings to be applied during the construction and installation of offshore installations and associated facilities.
We offer Teknos’ NORSOK M-501 approved coating systems for
- Structural steel
- Exteriors of equipment, vessels, piping and valves
- Flare booms and crane booms
- Insulated surfaces of tanks, vessels, piping
- Internal surface of carbon steel tanks
- Carbon and stainless steel in the splash zone
- Carbon steel surfaces exposed to operating temperature > 120 °C.
- Submerged carbon and stainless steel ≤ 50 °C
- Structural steel with operating temperature ≤ 80 °C in internal, fully dry and well ventilated areas.
- Bulk supplied carbon steel valves with operating temperatures up to 150 °C
Teknos’ NORSOK M-501 approved coating systems ensure
- Optimal corrosion protection
- Easy maintenance and application
- Evaluated and documented health, safety and environmental impacts
All Teknos' NORSOK M-501 approved coatings systems can be found in the Teknos' Coating System Guide below. Should you need any further information or assistance, our local technical support teams are happy to help you!