Sales Director - Malaysia and South-East Asia
Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia
Main goals of the job:
In this role you will be responsible for business growth in Malaysia and SEA/APAC according to the budgets and profit targets agreed/approved:
- strategy implementation and target setting for direct reports
- business development
- customer agreements
- customer satisfaction
You will be managing, leading, motivating and developing the team of direct reports as well as benefiting the support functions of the sales team in order to achieve revenue targets as well as meeting the customer needs and customer profitability.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Following up sales, margins and operational profit by total in Malaysia, South East Asia and taking responsibility of needed actions
- Implementing Teknos sales and product strategy through tasks and responsibilities
- Forecasting and tracking key business metrics to develop individual business plan
- Achieving synergies between segments and functions and optimizing operations
- Looking regularly for new key accounts and developing a trusted advisor relationship with primary accounts, key stakeholders and critical decision makers
- Maintaining a deep understanding of customers’ operations and determining technical needs
- Arranging internal and external customer meetings together with the relevant organizations
- Constantly improving service level and ensuring the timely and successful delivering of our solutions to the customer
- Documenting and tracking the progress of all assigned accounts, opportunities, samples and account communication using the company’s CRM
- Collaboration with R&D on the development of new product concepts based on market analysis/needs, customer input and competitive product review/analysis
- Motivating fellow sales team members and benefiting the support functions of Group to achieve set targets and meet the customer needs and customer profitability
- Ensuring good working climate and motivation among employees
- Responsibility for People Process - roles, appraisal discussions, target follow up, talent management, succession planning, ensuring training and development plans for the team with regular skills assessments
- Min 8 years’ experience of demanding sales work as a commercial lead, preferably with international business development background and a strong customer and market orientation
- Experience and/or good understanding of chemical or paints and coatings business (especially wood based industry) and coating application process would be an asset
- BSc graduate in Business, Chemistry, Engineering, or related technical support field
- Deep understanding of the business in terms of technical and commercial issue combined with excellent analytical skills
- Strong strategic thinking and competence in conceptualizing solutions combined with entrepreneurial approach
- People leading experience and skills
- Excellence in planning and execution, ability to prioritize
- IT general knowledge: CRM, MS Office, ERP systems
- Good knowledge of English and local language both oral and written
What we offer:
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your experience and further develop within an international environment. You will have the support of a professional and international team in a growing company.
In Teknos you will also have:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multi-faceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a sustainable future.