Location: Pasir Gudang Johor, Malaysia
The R&D Manager is responsible for leading our Research and Development department in Malaysia, taking responsibility for process and product development, managing working environment and cooperation with multiple stakeholders – both internally and externally. As a team leader you will be managing, coaching and developing our R&D employees and also be a member of the local Management Team within Teknos Malaysia.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading and developing a team of R&D professionals
- Creating department targets, actions and KPIs and making sure the whole team is performing towards the same goals
- Providing development and innovations related to products manufactured within Teknos Malaysia
- Taking responsibility for all projects within own department and assuring they have dedicated resources, follow budget plan and are delivered on time to internal or external customers
- Taking responsibility for safety in R&D area and providing trainings on both local and external safety rules and legislations to enable a safe and healthy working environment
- Coordinating the maintenance and purchases of laboratory equipment
- Close cooperation with the Group R&D and Product Management team on new development projects and improvements
- Close cooperation with Sales department – supporting them with needed technical specifications and documentation, initiating customer modifications & adjustment of current products and providing technical support by joint customer visits and line trials with sales
- Supporting various stakeholders and departments, including Marketing, Production, QC laboratory, Purchasing or Environmental
- Performing monthly reporting to MD and R&D Global Management
- Implementing continuous improvement attitude to improve processes and work areas
- 5+ years of experience in R&D leading functions within paints and coatings or chemical industry
- Strong leadership competences and team working capability
- University level degree in chemistry
- Experience in project governance or management is a strong asset
- Hands-on approach and open-minded personality as you will become a part of a global, rapidly growing organisation
- Competent user of ERP system and MS Office tools
- Good knowledge of English and local language both oral and written
What we offer:
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your skills and collect further experience within an international environment. You will have the support of a professional and international team in a growing company.
In Teknos you will also have:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multi-faceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a sustainable future.
Apply to join our Teknos family!
Please send your application (CV and cover letter with salary expectation) to our recruiting system. Use the below button to apply.