Location: Helsinki or Rajamäki, Finland
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for a new factory project that starts with feasibility study coordination, decision making preparations and possible planning and implementation, covering a whole scope of project activities related to cost, scheduling, quality and internal customer satisfaction. You will provide a smooth cooperation between all parties involved, both from inside and outside of Teknos organisation, and lead them through the whole project.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Establishing project team organization, creating overall project schedule (engineering milestones, purchasing or manufacturing plan, installation & start-up schedule etc.)
- Driving the project by organizing and facilitating project meetings and communication
- Creating a project risk analysis and taking actions to identify, mitigate or eliminate them
- Studying contract and technical specification, planning and monitoring project budget and actual costs
- Leading internal planning and layout discussion including engineering site data handling
- Supporting site manager with organization and detailed scheduling of all site operations (installation, start-up activities, manpower plan, HSE)
- Verification of external quotations price, delivery scope and time; coordination of imported and local equipment delivery
- Preparing all project and project delivery-related documentation
- Cooperating with external parties e.g. local authorities, environmental bodies, machine suppliers, contractors, EPCM partners
- Cooperating with all internal departments involved in a new factory set-up - e.g. operations, R&D, Project Steering Group, Teknos board
- Closing project in time with summary report and organize internal lesson learn and information sharing
- Several years of a solid working experience in project management within industrial environment, preferably with a greenfield exposure
- Technical/engineering/commercial degree
- Demonstrated overall experience and understanding of EPCM project model
- Experience/knowledge of Lean and Kaizen implementation within operations
- Familiarity with production process and production related equipment technology
- Excellent communication and leadership skills within matrix organization
- Ability to work independently and work under pressure
- Development oriented and innovative mindset, quick-learner
- Strong work ethic, ability to be proactive and goal-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written Finnish is a must, good verbal and written English
- Willingness to travel in the future
What we offer:
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your skills and collect further experience within an international environment. We are offering you a challenging, independent and versatile role where you get to delevop and continuously improve our organisation. With Teknos, you get to join a globally operating family-owned company with a friendly and warm work atmosphere where employees' opinions are valued. You will have the support of a professional and international team in a growing company.
In Teknos you will also have:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multi-faceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a sustainable future.