Location: Helsinki, Finland or any other Teknos European location
As a Network Specialist you will be involved in installation, maintenance, advanced trouble shooting and administration of existing network systems within a global environment. On a daily basis, you will analyse complex problems and customer inquiries around IT products and IT systems, develop problem solutions and their implementation, to realize software projects according to customer requirements and to provide end user trainings.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting in design and implementation of functional network infrastructure and monitoring network to ensure optimal performance
- Participation in major network installations and upgrades, modifying configuration standard templates
- Providing network support with a variety of operating systems, resolving issues that tiers of support have escalated
- Mentoring and training team members and addressing user needs, responding user inquiries
- Interfacing with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance
- Installation and configuration of computer network equipment, maintaining network connectivity of all computer workstations
- Maintaining servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings
- Developing and monitoring policies for the use of network resources
- Evaluating and recommending security improvements and system upgrades
- Testing release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility
- Creating technical support documentation for systems and applications
- Completed IT education combined with +5 years of related work experience with proven knowledge of network administration and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of networking concepts and hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Knowledge of computing infrastructures, familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
- Previous experience with Cisco/HP switches and routers is preferred
- MCSE certification, CISSP, CCNA, certification will be an advantage
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- You communicate fluently in English; Finnish is highly appreciated; all other Teknos-languages are welcomed
- You are currently located in and eligible to work in Finland or one of Teknos European countries
What we offer:
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your skills and collect further experience within an international environment. You will have the support of a professional and international team in a growing company.
In Teknos you will also have:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multi-faceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a sustainable future