Group Product Management Director
Location: Helsinki, Finland or Vamdrup, Denmark
In this role you will lead the global Product Management function, making sure that product portfolio is aligned with Teknos Group strategy and business plans, being responsible for building the Product Management roadmap and vision. You will spar and offer own recommendations to Teknos Management Team to better steer the company towards the fast and profitable growth.
This role gives responsibility for strategic product lifecycle management, provides leadership, direction and management to the Product Management team and, in matrix, to country Product Managers.
The Product Management Director of Teknos has responsibility for the strategic planning, implementation, managing and running of all product related processes, policies and global activities of a company.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing direction for Product Management function globally and aligning the Group Product Management roadmap with Teknos Group strategy
- Managing strategic directions together with Target Customer Groups and providing a proper product alignment based on detailed analysis
- Providing clarity through global procedures, policies and guidelines for function processes; implementing new ways of working when needed
- Managing the profitability on product level - managing decisions in a cost-efficient manner, taking full ownership of managed function
- Acting as a business partner to Teknos Management Team and function heads, sparring and driving global initiatives related to Product Management
- Collaborating closely with Group Commercial teams, marketing and R&D to align on product development strategy; effecting in all country functions through the matrix
- Bringing a global assortment strategy in place and leading an efficient implementation through all regions; providing balance between global and local products ratio
- Developing and managing products portfolio based on solid analysis (eg. competition product analysis, market maturity analysis, trends etc.)
- Bringing innovation and creative ways of applying already known products and solutions in an alternative way
- Directly leading an international team of Group Product Managers, providing them with a strong vision and development strategy translated into tactical level
- Leading within a matrix setup a global Product Management organisation, local stakeholders and business partners, making sure that the strategic goals are being properly implemented on the local ground
- Several years of experience as a leader of Product Management function on a regional/global level in a manufacturing company, with responsibility for strategic decisions around products (assortment strategy, portfolio management, product lifecycle management)
- A seasoned people leader with previous experience in managing dispersed and mature teams and ability to drive strategically a regional/global function, taking a full ownership and responsibility for managed unit
- Experience in chemical, paint and coatings industry is an advantage
- Expert understanding and control of profitability, margins, and product lifecycle
- Great stakeholders management skills combined with expertise in building partnership with C-level executives
- Great analytical skills combined with ability to synthesize and deal with a big volume data
- Hands-on mentality and high implementation strength
- Experience in leading international projects and knowledge about professional project know how
- Fluent and conversation proof English is mandatory
- Very good ICT skills with all relevant ICT tools and platforms for Product Management in Teknos Group, e.g. PDM (Optiva), CRM, IFS
What we offer:
At Teknos, you get to work in a family-owned, caring and people-appreciating business culture of a growing global company. We offer you interesting tasks, an opportunity to constantly improve your own skills related to your area of responsibility and further develop your career path in an expanding, global organisation.