Business Development Director - Construction
Location: one of Teknos European offices
Due to the expansion of our international commercial team we are looking for a bright and dynamic professional, who would lead our team and support the Group Commercial Director in creation of a roadmap, including the global strategy and action plan for the designated target customer group.
The most important daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading and motivating a global dynamic group of experts in the Construction core team in order to spur exponential growth within the Teknos group (in the matrix) to achieve the set goals and KPI’s
- Evaluating the target industry’s market potential in each country and effectively coordinating business development and cross-selling opportunities with the local sales teams, according to their country roadmaps
- Taking leadership in developing a Group level Project Sales model, being in charge of the international specification and certification process in order to place Teknos in the vendor lists for further project sales success
- Developing and implementing a synchronized sales approach towards large construction and infrastructure projects with an overall responsibility of project sales management
- Ensuring best in class customer experience by promoting a high level of customer understanding, service levels, innovation management, marketing initiatives, product and service portfolio management
- Having a strong focus on competence build-up, planning and implementing best-in-the-class trainings internally and externally
- Being accountable for sales and gross margin for the respective business together with the local Managing Directors and Group Commercial Directors
- Developing new business together with the countries - supporting in new business openings (technically and commercially), running business negotiations with selected accounts and pursuing for international specifications
- Building the necessary competences within the countries together with the local team, supporting business handover to local countries when local setup is feasible and monitor progress
- Communicating all innovations, references, business openings and requests within the Global team, sharing best practice
- Representing Teknos in industry events (seminars, interviews, speaker forums etc.)
- Solid experience as a commercial and business development leader within large infrastructure/construction projects within European business is a must
- Deep understanding of the business in terms of technical and commercial issue combined with excellent analytical skills; Experience and/or good understanding of paints and coatings business would be an asset
- International sales/business development background with a strong customer and market orientation
- Strong strategic thinking and competence in conceptualizing solutions combined with entrepreneurial approach
- People leading experience and skills, ability to gather people around one goal
- Excellence in planning and execution, ability to prioritize
- IT general knowledge: CRM, MS Office, ERP systems
- With this international position readiness to travel is a must (currently we work within remote mode)
- You communicate fluently in English, other European languages are welcome
- You are located in and eligible to work in one of Teknos European countries
What we offer:
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your leadership and other professional skills in an international and industrial environment. You will have the support of a professional and international team in a growing company.
In Teknos you will also have:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled people. We are a multi-faceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared strategic objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a sustainable future.