Business Development Director - Professionals and Distributors
Location: one of Teknos European countries
Due to the exciting growth and development of our business in the Consumer and Trade markets we are looking for a bright, energetic and dynamic professional, to join our international commercial team. Leading a cross functional teamyou will support the Group Commercial Director in the delivery and adaptation of our target customer group’s roadmap, which encompasses and supports the global growth strategy of the business.
The most important daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading and motivating a global dynamic group of experts in the retail core team in order to spur exponential growth within the Teknos group (in the matrix) to achieve the set goals and KPI’s
- Evaluating the target market potential in each country and effectively coordinating business development and cross-selling opportunities with the local sales teams, according to their country roadmaps
- Growing business relationships with key personnel at existing key accounts and distributors and assuring fulfilment of all sales activities
- Ensuring best in class customer experience by promoting a high level of customer understanding, service levels, innovation management, marketing initiatives, product and service portfolio management
- Having a strong focus on competence build-up, planning and implementing best in class training, both internally and externally
- Being accountable for sales and gross margin for the respective business together with the local Managing Directors and Group Commercial Directors
- Developing new business together with the countries - supporting in new business opportunities (technically and commercially) and running business negotiations with selected accounts
- Building the necessary competences within the countries together with the local team, supporting business handover to local countries when local setup is feasible and monitor progress
- Communicating all innovations, references, business openings and requests within the Global team, sharing best practice
- Representing Teknos in industry events (seminars, interviews, speaker forums etc.)
- Solid experience as a commercial and business development leader in retail sales and strong understanding of distribution sales channels within European business is a must
- Deep understanding of the business in terms of technical and commercial issue combined with excellent analytical skills; Experience and/or good understanding of paints and coatings business would be an asset
- International sales/business development background with a strong customer and market orientation
- Strong strategic thinking and competence in conceptualizing solutions combined with entrepreneurial approach
- People leading experience and skills, ability to gather people around one goal
- Excellence in planning and execution, ability to prioritize
- IT general knowledge: CRM, MS Office, ERP systems
- With this international position readiness to travel in the future is a must
- You communicate fluently in English, other European languages are welcome
What we offer:
This position offers you a great opportunity to use your leadership and other professional skills in an international environment. You will have the support of a professional and international team in a growing sector and company.
In Teknos you will also have:
Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled people. We are a multi-faceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared strategic objectives.
Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a sustainable future.